build.sh: "autogen.sh" failed on doc/xorg-docs

dclarke at blastwave.org dclarke at blastwave.org
Wed Oct 14 02:11:45 PDT 2015

> On October 14, 2015 at 5:00 AM Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> can I ask why you are building a whole X.org instead of using a distro
> packaged one?

Mostly because I was able to do a full build once before, years ago, and
I have not tried since. A perfectly reasonable exercise to build from
sources wouldn't you think?

> Generally for cases where you want updated drivers you can build them
> against the system packages if modern enough.

Nothing beats the source for a worth while test.

At the moment I am seeing many warnings and I fear that the process that
worked only a few years ago won't any longer.

Things like :

warning: failed to load external entity
"/opt/xorg/share/doc/xorg-docs/xext/lbxalg.html.db"
warning: failed to load external entity
"/opt/xorg/share/doc/xorg-docs/xlfd/xlfd.html.db"

also I think this may be wrong :

xorg$ CONFFLAGS=\-\-with\-udev\-rules\-dir\=/opt/xorg/udev
xorg$ export CONFFLAGS

The idea here is to build everything into /opt/xorg but thus far I don't
know if this is correct at all anymore :

 ./util/modular/build.sh --clone --autoresume built.modules /opt/xorg

Anyways, a perfectly reasonable thing to try.

Dennis