fresh install Kubuntu 14.04 (15.10 same problem) XServer never starts

Gregor Leskovšek legrega at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 13:11:48 PST 2015

I guess it is possible that I have misconfigured BIOS.
I already was running Kubuntu with XWIN 14.04 (I believe x32 due to
mistake) on this server 10 days ago, then added Radeon GPU and upgraded
BIOS, then I had a couple of unsuccessful instalations due to SW RAID
enabled yes I have HW RAID 1 hard disks.

About the BIOS: should I enable virtualisation? (I believe I need it for
virtual box). Do You think I should try disabling double video mode (or
smth like it, I got it after upgrade, I believe it is support for 2
monitors, (because on internal GPU has just one VGA connector) but I am
guessing, I have 2 slots for GPUs and an internal GPU. I have one RADEON
inside and the other is empty.

But, before all do I need to reinstall Kubuntu in between each such BIOS
change or is it enough that I just restart the server?
And do You think it would make a change if I replace RADEON with another
GPU?

Thanks for Your time, Yours, Gregor

> When the sun rises I receive and when it sets I forgive! :-)
http://gleskove.oreillystudent.com :-) Always warmly / S prisrčnimi
pozdravi!
http://lilaum.com  Gregor Leskovšek ;-)

: