Enabling Glamor acceleration

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 25 21:03:45 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 03:38:30AM +0000, Yu, Chan KitX wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have searched quite extensively about enabling Glamor acceleration. http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Glamor/ looked promising but it was quite some time ago since the page and the code base were updated, which isn't confidence inspiring either. I have read the reason behind the desertion of the page is because Glamor is merged together with xorg-server and so there is no need of a separate Glamor page and codebase.
>
> So my question here is how do I configure xorg-server to enable Glamor? I have libglamor installed and followed the instructions in the Glamor webpage but my result wasn't so fruitful so far. Hence my email here.
>
> Thanks,
> Chan-Kit

I used the following in a file in xorgconf.d/ on one of my boxes
which ran a low-end radeon variant where glamor improved the power
consumption (Aruba, if my memory is correct - the motherboard seems
to have died).  You'll need to change at least the Driver.

# turn glamor on
Section "Device"
	Identifier "radeon"
	Driver "ati"
	Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
EndSection

But I think you may be missing a dependency - the version of glamor
in xorg-server-1.17 uses libepoxy, and the only reference to a
glamor lib in my logs is for libglamoregl.so in the xorg-server's
modules.

Alternatively, if by 'configure' you meant "which options do I pass
to ./configure" the answer is '--enable-glamor'.

ĸen