Enabling Glamor acceleration

Yu, Chan KitX chan.kitx.yu at intel.com
Thu Jun 25 20:38:30 PDT 2015

Hi folks,

I have searched quite extensively about enabling Glamor acceleration. http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Glamor/ looked promising but it was quite some time ago since the page and the code base were updated, which isn't confidence inspiring either. I have read the reason behind the desertion of the page is because Glamor is merged together with xorg-server and so there is no need of a separate Glamor page and codebase.

So my question here is how do I configure xorg-server to enable Glamor? I have libglamor installed and followed the instructions in the Glamor webpage but my result wasn't so fruitful so far. Hence my email here.

Thanks,
Chan-Kit