Manual and options for the "modesetting" driver

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Thu Jun 18 09:25:16 PDT 2015

On Qui, 2015-06-18 at 11:41 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I'm trying to use the "modesetting" driver for a dual-monitor setup
> using a displaylink adapter and a Poulsbo card, and where the monitors
> are rotated and where I only want 16bpp.
>
> The only part I managed to get is an output on my Poulsbo-connected
> monitor, but all the other things I specified in my xorg.conf seem to be
> ignored, so: is there a manual somewhere listing the available options
> (I've discovered "kmsdev" so far)?

Now things goes with xrandr command , type xrandr , see what Xorg.bin
detects .
You just want set xorg.conf , to force some detection or drives at
startup (in xorg.conf you also could do some settings), after that
dual-monitor setup will be managed with xrandr  and other ui tools of
xrandr  .

Sérgio M. B.