Multiseat and AutoAddDevices/AutoEnableDevices

Ian Hands iphands at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 13:47:27 PST 2015

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Ian Hands <iphands at gmail.com> wrote:
> Built a box to do multiseat for the most part everything works great.
> When Seat1's USB hub disconnects and later reconnects I have issues
> though.  This is because I use:
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
> Option "AutoAddDevices"     "false"
> Option "AutoEnableDevices"  "false"
>
> And then specify a Mouse0 and Mouse1 for Seat0 and Seat1 respectively.
> Again this setup works for a while, but sometimes Mouse1
> disconnects/reconnects and then is never again picked up by:

DAMN! Must have hit ctrl+enter by accident!

> Section "ServerLayout"
     Identifier     "Seat1"

I would really like to enable AutoAddDevices/AutoEnableDevices. This
would let me connect/disconnect the USB devices all I want, and work
with other devices I plug in to the system.

The issue I face is when I enable AutoAddDevices/AutoEnableDevices
everything works great when the seats come up, but when disconnecting
Mouse1's usb and reconnecting it Seat0 ends up auto adding the Mouse1
input device.

Is there a way to to enable AutoAddDevices/AutoEnableDevices but limit
an InputDevice to a single ServerLayout?
-or-
Is there a way to to enable AutoAddDevices/AutoEnableDevices but
blacklist an InputDevice from a single ServerLayout?

Thanks.

--
Sent from me, iHands.