New Monitor Weirdnesses or how do I get Xorg to pay attention to my xorg.conf file?

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Fri Dec 4 12:11:33 PST 2015

I am just using the KVM included in CentOS7 with Cloudstack.
Not sure what I am missing by not including Xen but I am pretty new at it.

I can not help but believe that CentOS 7 would be a better platform for
virtualization than CentOS 5.

CentOS 7 is not too bad but it is different and it has taken me a while
to stop fighting it.
The changes to networking and the firewall were hard to absorb. The new
way to manage processes is still a bit of a challenge for me but I am
not spending any time on this since it works just fine.

I run a software firewall, DNS server and virtual router which I moved
from CentOS 4 to CentOS 7 and it seems to work better but it is hard to
tell if it is the newer hardware or the new OS. This is a critical part
of the infrastructure and I am happy with the change.
The hardware was too old to run the nouveau driver properly so I am
running the NVIDIA legacy driver. Works but I am not using it as a
workstation.

Ron