xserver-xorg.synaptics question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Apr 28 17:51:04 PDT 2015

On Tuesday 28 April 2015 16:21:12 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> On Dienstag, 28. April 2015 19:16:17 CEST, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > You missed the point Thomas.  I have a mouse. I want that touchpad
> > totally and absolutely nuked
>
> Try
> synclient TouchpadOff=1

This works well to kill the pad itself, but not its external buttons, and
I don't see that option in the extensive help output from synclient -l.
This I suspect will do it since the buttons do need a conscious push.
The touchpad responds to me thumbing my nose at it from 3 feet, or at
least does a great job of convincing me that it can. :(

Now, where is the last script that X executes as it completes it
initialization?

Seems like that would be the obvious place to add the above line.
[...]
> > But its moot. I am now trying to get lubuntu 14.04-2 LTS to start
> > the

Which I have now done.

> I don't think things are gonna change because you switch to
> yet-another-ubuntu-derivate ;-)

In this case, and unrelated to it, lubuntu has so far stood above all the
others, head, shoulders, and belly button above the crowd. Many things I
battled with on Mint 17.1, are now Just Working.  Except nfs.  But thats
another post & thread for tomorrow.

Thank you Thomas.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)