xserver-xorg.synaptics question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Apr 28 11:16:29 PDT 2015

On Tuesday 28 April 2015 13:45:47 Felix Miata wrote:
> Gene Heskett composed on 2015-04-28 13:16 (UTC-0400):
> > I am now trying to get lubuntu 14.04-2 LTS to start the
> > install, but its stuck looking for a network connection it will
> > never find because there is not a dhcpd running anyplace on my local
> > network, which isn't in the 192.168.1 block.  And no way to nuke
> > network-mangler long enough to edit and commit the correct network
> > configs to make it Just Work(TM)
>
> Do a network installation and include netcfg/disable_dhcp=true on its
> cmdline. It's how I do all "debian" installations on my own systems. I
> suppose the same parameter should have same effect on non-network
> installations.

I am amazed, dumbfounded, totally blown away Felix.

Someone has been working on the code behind the network icon on the task
bar, and I was able to setup a one machine network using it that
actually worked!

So the install is proceeding apace.  But touchpad is alive yet. :(
I've no idea how fast, but the install gui has more color depth than
Mints did when booted to it after the install.  This old machine could
even look decent if I got froggy, and opened the screen & replaced its
leds with 10x brighter ones.  Since I am a CET, I'd imagine that would
not be beyond my pay grade.  Unfortunately, the 80 years on the wet ram
are showing in my short term memory.

Thanks Felix.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)