CVE-1999-0526 Vulnerbility on W2k8 R2

Duane Fish duanedfish at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 16:45:57 PDT 2014

It gets scanned by Verizon - they use a pretty good tool for it, so I'm pretty sure it's not made up.

I just personally don't know much about the server, as it's not my primary responsibility.

>From what I thought I sent, it sounds like MS' own X-Windows that's the problem.

I followed the link in the vulnerability alert (below), and mention of the X server brought me to X-Org.  If I am in the wrong place, please let me know.

Nessus Plugins

Nessus Plugins
Synopsis : The remote X server accepts TCP connections. Description : The remote X server accepts remote TCP connections. It is possible for an attacker to grab a screenshot of the remote host.
View on www.tenable.com Preview by Yahoo