info x-server failed to start

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Fri May 9 09:06:23 PDT 2014

On Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2014 14:55:06 CEST, Dirk Dewerie wrote:

> Since I can't start up linux. I can log in, hear the
> login-sound but only see a black screen and the mouse.

That means you can log in, but either no desktop boots or the graphics stack is corrupted.
Please avoid all secure/rescue mode booting. It will likely blacklist random drivers (eg. fglrx) and pollute error detection.

Do you know what Desktop Environment you use? (KDE, Gnome, XFCE, LXDE, ....)

Cheers,
Thomas