info x-server failed to start

Dirk Dewerie dirk.dewerie at outlook.be
Thu May 8 05:55:06 PDT 2014

Hi,

I wonder if you could help me. I'm pretty new with Linux (Mint 16). I installed it on my HP Pavilion 20 as a replacement for windows 8 and it was working pretty fine and fast.

Until I wanted to try out the photo desklet ... When I checked the photofile to use and confirmed my system suddenly stopt all the way. Nothing reacted any longer. So I closed my computer and rebooted.

Since I can't start up linux. I can log in, hear the login-sound but only see a black screen and the mouse.
With CTRL-ALT-F1 I managed to get into the Terminal.

I tried several things, reboot in secure mode, etc. but not quiet sure what to do.

I got this error message in the recovery-boot log:

x-server failed to load

fatal error: no screens found

failed to load module "fglrx" (module does not exist, 0)

Any suggestions how I can proceed? Maybe, how can I totaly delete and reinstall the driver using the terminal? I don't know the codes for that.

Kind regards,

Dirk Dewerie