xmodmap 1.0.7: "left shift" + "right shift" + "comma" keys

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Mar 12 12:08:36 PDT 2014

El día Wednesday, March 12, 2014 a las 07:59:08PM +0100, wettstein509 at solnet.ch escribió:

> > I have a problem with xmodmap 1.0.7 because it should write a
> > "question down" character when I push the "left shift" + "right shift"
> > + "comma" keys but nothing is written.
>
> This might be a hardware problem.  Most keyboards cannot handle
> arbitrary combination of more than two keys.  To check, you could use
> xev to see whether an event is generated.  If not, it is hardware.

On my EeePC 900 "left shift" + "right shift" produce Shift_L, Shift_R,
but having both down, the "comma" does not give anything in xev.

To the OP, if you need the Spanish tilded chars (because you are asking
for "question down"), what about using the so called Windows key and
this:

# para español:
#
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x73 =  Mode_switch"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x39 =  n N ntilde Ntilde"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x1a =  e E eacute Eacute"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x26 =  a A aacute Aacute"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x1f =  i I iacute Iacute"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x1e =  u U uacute Uacute"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x20 =  o O oacute Oacute"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x0a =  1 exclam exclamdown onesuperior"

	matthias

--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz, <guru at unixarea.de>, http://www.unixarea.de/ f: +49-170-4527211
UNIX since V7 on PDP-11, UNIX on mainframe since ESER 1055 (IBM /370)
UNIX on x86 since SVR4.2 UnixWare 2.1.2, FreeBSD since 2.2.5