Help Using the XSync Extension?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 07:46:14 PDT 2014

I have two separate X servers running on the same Linux box, and each
controlling a different monitor. I want to synchronize the output on the
two monitors, and it would appear that XSync is intended to do just that.
However, its entirely unclear to me how to do that.

Lets say that my client program will synchronize with the "SERVERTIME"
counter, and wants to set things up so that each monitor will show a
particular frame at the exact same time. How do I go about this? I am at a
complete loss as to what, exactly XSyncAwait does, or how to use it for
synchronization purposes.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.