Problem whith apple french keyboard

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou at legi.grenoble-inp.fr
Mon Oct 14 06:30:07 PDT 2013

I've posted this question on CentOS forum several days ago but did not get any
solution.

I've installed a fresh CentOS on a PC with a french apple keyboard (it was
runing previously with an old OpenSUSE out of the box).
Xorg cannot recognize the apple keyboard. I get these messages in
.xsession-error when trying to setup this keyboard in place of a standard french
PC keyboard:
> Error:            No Symbols named "latin9" in the include file
> "macintosh_vndr/fr"
>                    Exiting
>                    Abandoning symbols file "(null)"
>
> ** (gnome-settings-daemon:8160): WARNING **: Could not activate the XKB
> configuration

The file /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh_vndr/fr is part of
xkeyboard-config-2.6-6.el6.noarch but I've no idea how to solve this problem.
And I've several PC with apple keyboard to setup with CentOS.

Thanks for your suggestions

Patrick

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         |                                      |
|  Patrick BEGOU           | mailto:Patrick.Begou at grenoble-inp.fr |
|  LEGI                    |                                      |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35                   |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71                   |