Intel driver not detecting device

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Thu May 16 17:44:55 PDT 2013

Dear list,

The Xorg server has suddenly stopped working with my Intel GPU, and I'm a
bit baffled as to why. The driver just tells me "No devices detected",
even though it used to work perfectly well.

The device is a Sandy Bridge GPU built into the CPU, and I'm using it
mainly as a secondary device to power a TV, so I'm not terribly
inconvenienced, but still quite baffled. Does anyone have any idea why
this might happen?

For reference, here are the log output of a failed start, the relevant
parts of my xorg.conf and the output of `lspci -v', respectively:
<http://www.dolda2000.com/~fredrik/tmp/x-intel-log>
<http://www.dolda2000.com/~fredrik/tmp/x-intel-conf>
<http://www.dolda2000.com/~fredrik/tmp/x-intel-pci>

The Intel GPU can be seen at 00:02.0. The CPU is a Core i5-2400, so the
GPU should be an HD Graphics 2000, if I'm not mistaken. Its numberic ID is
8086:0102 and the subsystem ID is 1043:844D, in case it matters.

Thanks for reading!

--

Fredrik Tolf