Failure to support 'savage' driver in 1.13.1

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 23:54:23 PST 2013

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:17 AM, 52midnight wrote:
> Dear Xorg

[savage driver not working on xorg 1.13]

> http://52midnight.com/xorg.html
>
> Assistance from the participants on the Gentoo forum provided a successful
> workaround:
>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-952908.html
>
> but they also suggested that I file a bug report with Xorg. I trust that
> this may suffice as such.
>
> With many thanks for your invaluable code
> 52midnight

See also https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1083032 . The easiest
workaround for now is to use DisableTile. This disables most of what
was left of hardware acceleration, but still might have some advantage
(i.e. modesetting, outputs) over the vesa driver.

Section "Device"
  Identifier "mypoorsavage"
  Option "DisableTile"
EndSection

I intend to investigate this further when I find more time. I've been
thinking there might be some initialization hook that isn't called
from the server any longer.

Best regards,
Tormod