two dual-link mirroring displays

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 28 08:23:39 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-26 19:30 (GMT-0700) ivo welch composed:

> interestingly, xorg.conf is no more on ubuntu distributions.  so, I

Same as all modern distros.

> have as a choice a user specific .xconfig (I think) or some config
> directory or regeneration of the file.

> what is the recommended way of doing this?

Either xorg.conf or in xorg.conf.d/ the 50-device.conf, 50-monitor.conf
50-screen.conf trio. Just because one isn't used by default doesn't mean you
can't add one. I find it much easier than getting xrandr to automatically do
whatever is needed or wanted to override or make up for deficiencies in Xorg
automagic.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/