Compiling xf86-video-xgi driver for ARM

Jeffrey Langerak jeffrey at prutsertjes.nl
Tue Jan 15 03:25:27 PST 2013

Hi,

I found out that the built module was placed in
"/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/" and that the actual dir was
"/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/".

I have copied the xgi_drv.so in that dir and now lightdm shows a
different error:

[  8602.813] (II) LoadModule: "xgi"
[  8602.817] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/xgi_drv.so
[  8602.818] (EE) LoadModule: Module xgi does not have a xgiModuleData
data object.
[  8602.818] (II) UnloadModule: "xgi"
[  8602.818] (II) Unloading xgi
[  8602.818] (EE) Failed to load module "xgi" (invalid module, 0)
[  8602.819] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
[  8602.821] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
[  8602.822] (II) Module evdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[  8602.822]    compiled for 1.12.1, module version = 2.7.0
[  8602.822]    Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[  8602.822]    ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 16.0
[  8602.823] (EE) No drivers available.

I also have a xgi_drv.la file, what's the use of that file? Does it need
to be placed somewhere?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Langerak