Compiling xf86-video-xgi driver for ARM

Jeffrey Langerak jeffrey at prutsertjes.nl
Tue Jan 15 03:10:10 PST 2013

Hi,

I have commented that particular line out and that seems to finish the
build without errors, also a "make install" finishes without errors.

I assume that I only need to change the xorg.conf file and replace the
"fbdev" driver with "xgi"? When I restart lightdm and check the Xorg.log
I see this:

[  7597.991] (II) LoadModule: "xgi"
[  7598.002] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module xgi
[  7598.002] (II) UnloadModule: "xgi"
[  7598.002] (II) Unloading xgi
[  7598.002] (EE) Failed to load module "xgi" (module does not exist, 0)

I guess I still need to copy some files, but what files and to what
location?

About ARM and the Volari, it is a strange combination and would never
put a Volari in such a device, I guess that it was a cost reduction
method for HP, but we have to work with the tools we have in that device
:). The CPU itself is not that weak with 1.2 GHz (ARMv5).

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Langerak