CentOS, radeon driver, dual monitor, fun (NOT)]

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Apr 26 11:10:49 PDT 2013

Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> Alex Deucher wrote:
as to what I need to do with my xorg.conf to get my user back to
normal?
<snip>

>>> Bring up X without an xorg.conf and use xrandr or the gnome monitors
control panel to enable multi-head.  E.g.,
>>> xrandr --auto
>>> xrandr --output DisplayPort-0 --right-of DisplayPort-1
>>> etc.
<snip>

GOT IT! FINALLY! Thank you *very* much.

Here's what I did:

Logged in, and tried to control the monitors with the display app, and hit
apply several times... and it did nothing.

Then, reading sideways <g>, I opened an xterm, and did:
xrandr --output DisplayPort-0 --rotate left --right-of DisplayPort-1
--output DisplayPort-1 --rotate left

And we got there... *but* it didn't save the whole thing, just part, I
*could* move the cursor all over. He logged in, and using the display app,
rotated the windows... and this time, when he hit apply, it did it, and
confirmed.

My last question: how do we keep his configuration a) between logins, and
b) between system reboots? What is the preferred method?
<snip>
            mark