black screen after the Ubuntu logo

Dref Hill houart.frederic at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 17:10:13 PDT 2012

Hello
I wanted to install the new Ubuntu 12.10 version from the 12.04LTS.
But the computer went to sleep during the installation and with linux the
sleeping mode never work so it froze everything and the upgrade couldn't
finish correctly.
When i restarted the computer i got a black screen after the Ubuntu loading
screen.
I did a couple of command but nothing had fixed the problem i still with
the black screen.
And if i do "startx" in the terminal i get a fatal error that says that the
problem is from x-org, see the .log file attached.

I opened a topic on the english an french Ubuntu forums but it seems that
no one have the solution to help me.

any idea about how to fix this problem ?
The netbook is a HP mini 2140
CPU intel Atom N270 32bits
Graphic card Mobile Intel GMA 950
Chipset Mobile Intel 945GSE Express
HDD SEAGATE 2,5'' 250 go + 4 go ssd 32 mo 7200 tr/min - hybride/sata ii -
momentus xt
2Go of ram