xf86-video-ati and Radeon HD 7600M Series

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Nov 28 03:19:48 PST 2012

On Die, 2012-11-27 at 20:43 +0100, Thilo Cestonaro wrote:

> I use a standard Ubuntu 12.10 x86_64 and changed just xf86-video-ati
> from git and kernel linux-stable.

Did that make any difference compared to what shipped with Ubuntu 12.10?

> Is there any test for 3D which you would prefer rather than a wine
> application.
>
> Anyway the glitches in the video occur, not that intensive like in the
> video but min. 5% of it, in 2D too.

If that's using Unity, that uses 3D as well (so serves as another test).
Maybe you can try a different desktop environment, e.g. Unity 2D, to see
if 2D is still affected then.

Please provide the dmesg output and /var/log/Xorg.0.log file.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com