cirque smartcat touchpad

Sebastian Glita glseba at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 08:50:35 PST 2012

> the main question is whether it is supported by the kernel. X hardly deals
> with touchpads directly these days, it's handled by the (linux) kernel and

> we see the evdev interface. So you need to first check if the kernel
> supports it.

Hmm... There seems to be no indication in synaptics USB kernel driver about "easycat/smartcat" (drivers/input/mouse).

Next "roundabout" question would be, given the FAQ page says an "alike" OS works:

"... and the USB Cirque Smart Cat® (GP410U-xxxx) ... are recommended Cirque trackpad for
the Macintosh OS.
    * Mac OS 8.5 or later is required for both of these trackpads.
    * Mac OS X or later is required for the vertical scrolling feature."

how far can I assume linux kernel would recognize it too? I know that whereas usually linux isn't specified, but mac is, there is a good chance a device would work with both mac and linux...

>>  Do the 4-buttons work? The scroll?
>
> yes, likely, if the kernel supports the touchpad.

Actually, clicking, tapping and scrolling are enough for me.

Thank s.