cirque smartcat touchpad

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Nov 18 18:07:34 PST 2012

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 04:37:49AM -0800, Sebastian Glita wrote:
> While trying a simple search whether Xorg supports this device:
>

> http://www.cirque.com/desktoptouchpad/productsandorders/smartcat.aspx
>
> the 4-button USB touchpad, probably with "synaptics" driver, I couldn't find any RECENT (2011-2012) discussion.
>

> Is it recognized with the latest sources from cgit.freedesktop.org (mouse, evdev, synaptics)?

the main question is whether it is supported by the kernel. X hardly deals
with touchpads directly these days, it's handled by the (linux) kernel and
we see the evdev interface. So you need to first check if the kernel
supports it.

> Do the 4-buttons work? The scroll?

yes, likely, if the kernel supports the touchpad.

> Do the "advanced gestures" work?

no, only scrolling. gestures are implemented on the client-side, so these
must be implemented by your client-stack (which may already do so, e.g.
newer GTK and Unity)

Cheers,
   Peter