Awfull rendering of fonts in KDE terminal with nouveau 1.0.3 drivers

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Mon Nov 5 23:52:36 PST 2012

Dnia wtorek, 6 listopada 2012, Thomas Lübking napisał:
> On Montag, 5. November 2012 23:42:21 CEST, Łukasz Maśko wrote:
> > But in fact my monitor IS connected via a standard VGA
> > connector. It simply has no DVI plug, only VGA. My graphics card
> > has a single output connector and a splitter, which allows me to
> > connect two monitors, both using VGA connector (I'm using only
> > one).
>
> my VGA connector says "VGA-0" and the DVI one "DVI-I-1"
> I suspect there's just a VGA adapter wired to the DVI link :-\

Probably. My machine is a Dell T5400 workstation, everything is possible.

> > It would mean, that the only thing left for me is to use a
> > proprietary NVidia driver.
>
> Or check a more recent version. You probably mentioned your xorg /
> nouveau versions somewhere, but i deleted the mails :-)

I'm using kernel 3.5.7, nouveau 1.0.3, xserver 1.13.0 and Mesa 9.0 (I don't
know, what else may be important).
--
Łukasz Maśko                                                            _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\