XInput: Atmel maXTouch Digitizer touch screen

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sat Jan 7 08:59:17 PST 2012

On 07.01.2012 17:40, Chase Douglas wrote:
> Are you sure you are running that version of the driver? Did you change
> drivers since you posted your evtest log? The evtest log shows
> BTN_TOOL_FINGER being registered, but the upstream driver does not
> register it.

The log I posted was from an older Linux kernel. As I wrote back then,
it was a Ubuntu 11.10 kernel 3.0.0-14-generic. I then got linux 3.1.5
and modified the driver there, that's the patch I sent. IIRC (!) I also
tried unchanged linux 3.1.5 and that showed the same problem as the
Ubuntu kernel. So, if I'm not mistaken (see IIRC), my patch did cause a
positive change, but also a negative one.
I am now using linux 3.2 and the touchscreen doesn't work *at all*, but
I use a different .config, so that could be messup here, I'll have to check.