[BUG] xinput bug in Xorg 1.12-rc2

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sat Feb 4 02:22:43 PST 2012

On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 11:11:55AM +0100, Mathieu Taillefumier wrote:

> >thanks, you're right, this is a bug. I've just sent out the patch reverting
> >the commit - since it was supposed to only clean up code but not include any
> >functional changes, this is the simpler way than trying to fix a patch
> >that's just cosmetic anyway.
>
> Yes but the initial idea is good and the fix is straightforward so
> why not keeping it and send a patch of one line (or two if we want
> to keep the last if check) initializing the win variable to null. In
> that case, the function behaves as before the troublesome patch and
> the reading is simplified by some small rewriting. So all in all the
> original code is actually very good and fixing the mistake is
> simple. This is not important anyway it was just a kind suggestion.

feel free to rewrite the reverted patch with those fixes, it's one of the
cases where it's just easier right now to revert it (i'm also currently
travelling and testing is hard). plus, that way we have the patch in one,
not across two patches that may make future cherry-picking harder.

> Ps : the bug report should be marked as closed.

will do once it's on master.

Cheers,
  Peter