[BUG] xinput bug in Xorg 1.12-rc2

Mathieu Taillefumier mathieu.taillefumier at free.fr
Sat Feb 4 02:11:55 PST 2012

> thanks, you're right, this is a bug. I've just sent out the patch reverting
> the commit - since it was supposed to only clean up code but not include any
> functional changes, this is the simpler way than trying to fix a patch
> that's just cosmetic anyway.

Yes but the initial idea is good and the fix is straightforward so why
not keeping it and send a patch of one line (or two if we want to keep
the last if check) initializing the win variable to null. In that case,
the function behaves as before the troublesome patch and the reading is
simplified by some small rewriting. So all in all the original code is
actually very good and fixing the mistake is simple. This is not
important anyway it was just a kind suggestion.

> thanks for the debugging, much appreciated!

you are welcome and thanks for been so quick at answering.

cheers

Mathieu

Ps : the bug report should be marked as closed.