Help for Backing Store

Victor Rodolfo Gonzalez Diaz vrgdiaz at ece.buap.mx
Thu Apr 19 16:52:56 PDT 2012

Hello!

I am a new user of openSUSE 12.1. One of my remote applications asks me to enable BackingStore on my Server. I tried to follow some suggestion by changing the /etc/X11/xorg.config.install by adding Option "BackingStore" "on" to all "Device" Sections but Still does not work.

Even tried by typing on shell:

Xorg -config +bs

but it yields the following error:

"_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
	 at http://wiki.x.org
 for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.

 Can you please help me to know how to enable the BackingStore for this version.
Thanks in advance
Victor