xf86-input-vmmouse does not work expected

Yousong Zhou yszhou4tech at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:09:42 PDT 2012

Hi. I have the driver installed on a fresh ArchLinux within VMware. It
looks like the position of the mouse pointer is not scaled properly. I
have tried to read the source code and doing some debugging. Below are
some observations.

1. It seems that the VMMouseReadInput function never gets called.
2. The vmmouse driver does get loaded as can be seen from the log file
Xorg.0.log.
3. When I found there is a catch-call configuration 10-evdev.conf, I
uninstalled the vmmouse driver, and the mouse works but the problem is
just the same.

Packages' versions:
xorg-server 1.12.1-1
xf86-input-vmmouse 12.8.0-1

AFAIK, all other packages in the system are up to date. Any idea to fix this?