Ideas for X improvement.

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat May 28 09:08:13 PDT 2011

On 05/28/11 08:49 AM, David Jackson wrote:
> xvnc did not support render,

There are multiple "Xvnc" programs out there.   The RealVNC one everyone
used to use has been abandoned by its authors in favor of their commercial
product, and is still built on an ancient XFree86 4.3.   Other open source
forks use newer X server code bases and thus have more features.

For instance, I know at least Fedora/RHEL & Solaris have moved to TigerVNC,
which uses the the current Xorg code base instead.   Other options include
TightVNC and TurboVNC, which I've not personally kept up with.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com