Intel (Xorg-7.6): No kernel modesetting driver detected

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 11:04:53 PST 2011

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:27:20 -0600 (CST), alupu at verizon.net wrote:
> Waiting with bated breath for "us" to come with a happy resolution
> on the intel driver.

You need to enable kernel modesetting to use the current stable releases
of -intel.

Check you have CONFIG_DRM_I915 and CONFIG_DRM_I915_KMS enabled for your
kernel. The latter can be optionally replaced with i915.modeset on the
boot command line or at module load time. This does presume that you have
at least a 2.6.29 kernel.
-Chris