Picture or Sound Problems - depending on the EDID

Hendrik Friedel hendrik at friedels.name
Sun Jan 16 07:14:18 PST 2011

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my LG TV hooked up to an nvidia 8300 card,
that I'm using for watching TV via VDR.
When using the TVs edid Data, the picture is always getting black for
half a second when zapping to the next channel.
When using custom edid Data, with the extension Block stripped, this
behavior is gone, zapping works without the black screen in between. BUT
I get no sound.

Do you have any Idea, how I can resolve this?
Here's the difference in the Edid data visualized:
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=970728#post970728
(left: no sound, right: zapping problem)

The difference is only the extension Block.
So what in the extension block can create this behavior?
Or: How can I modify the file without the zapping problem (right) to
play sound?

Your help is greatly appreciated. I've spend >10h on this already :-(

Regards,
Hendrik