handling radeon overscan

Matthew Monaco dgbaley27 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 15 14:50:03 PST 2011

 >On 01/15/2011 04:28 PM, Matthew Monaco wrote:

>>> xrandr --output<OUTPUT> --set underscan off
>>>
>>> Alex
>>>

>> Thanks. Are there any plans to include this in xorg.conf so it take effect
>> immediately for all X sessions, or even in the kernel so KMS works nicely?
>>
 >It's disabled by default starting in 2.6.38
 >
 >Alex

Applied
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=56bec7c009872ef33fe452ea75fecba481351b44

Looks great in X, no effect on the console.

Funny commit comment. Wouldn't adding radeon.underscan={auto,off,on} appease
all? Or a setting in the video= command line option like
video=HDMI-0:underscan{off,on,auto}?