Build error for the Xorg R7.6 in Ubuntu 10.10

Chen, Dennis (SRDC SW) Dennis1.Chen at amd.com
Thu Feb 17 19:00:23 PST 2011

I found that the  following build instruction doesn't work in my ubuntu 10.10:
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2009-August/001826.html :

Quickstart for those that do not use jhbuild:

export PREFIX=/opt/xorg
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig
export PATH=$PREFIX/bin:$PATH
export ACLOCAL="aclocal -I $PREFIX/share/aclocal"
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/util/modular/ util/modular
echo "util/macros" > built.modules

./util/modular/build.sh --clone -p -f built.modules -r `tail -n 1 built.modules` $PREFIX

For the last cmd above, my system will give the below error:

root at LinuxFGL:/home/dennis/xorg_test/util/modular# ./build.sh --clone -p -f built.modules -r `tail -n 1 built.modules` $PREFIX
'prefix' appears to be an option

Usage: build.sh [options] [prefix]

Some env variables in my system as:

XORG_CONFIG=--prefix=/usr              --sysconfdir=/etc              --mandir=/usr/share/man              --localstatedir=/var
ACLOCAL=aclocal -I /opt/xorg/share/aclocal
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/xorg/lib
XORG_PREFIX=/usr
PREFIX=/opt/xorg
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/xorg/lib/pkgconfig

Does anybody encounter this issue before? I am trying to build the xorg R7.6 and debug the Xserver these days.
Thanks!

-Dennis