Question about Xvideo and shadow

杨帅 yangshuai126 at 126.com
Mon Dec 19 06:14:28 PST 2011

 hi,all

 I modify the standard driver of fbdev,and add the xv adaptor.

 So in the fbdev driver ,there are shadow and xv at the same time.

 Then I found a problem:
 When I move the video window(which use the xvimagesink),the picture in the window is not the video frame but the data from the shadow buffer.At the same time,When I move the mouse in the video window ,I can see a block data from the shadow buffer instead of the video data.

I think it's too bad for the user.

How can I improve the experience  when I use both shadow and xvideo?

If I don't use shadow,I must make the FB cacheable to ensure the result of x11perf is not too bad.But there are lots of stripes ,when I make the FB cacheable.

So,I think maybe I could add a cache flush ioctl at the point when the xorg complete a drawing action.I think if i do so,the stripes will be greatly reduced.

But where I should add the cache flush ioctl in the source code of xorg?

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

Best Regards,
David