Question about pixman,x11perf and xserver

杨帅 yangshuai126 at 126.com
Mon Dec 5 03:39:58 PST 2011

hi,all

I'am using ubuntu running on our chip of cortex-a9 with neon.And there is no 2D/3D hardware in our chip.There are several questions during my trying to improve the user experience.

1.I recompile the pixman with enable-neon,but when I use the x11perf for testing ,I can‘t see the significant difference between the pixman with neon and pixman without neon.That's why?

2.xserver use which drawing library to resizing the window,scroll the text window ,and so on?

3.which library  excepts pixman could I optimize using neon to improve the performance of xserver?

Best Regards,
David