xorg 7.6 will not start

Marty Jack martyj19 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 18 04:57:35 PDT 2011

On 04/17/2011 03:43 PM, spiky wrote:
> Hi I am having a real problem with getting xorg to work, I have built with Linux from scratch using xorg 7.6 I have an intel graphics card 855GM in a Toshiba laptop I could really do with some help here I have a post on a forum which covers all we have tried http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-from-scratch-13/creating-an-x11r6-compatibility-symlink-874031/
>  I would appreciate some help with this, Thank you

If you still have the error

[ 39922.561] (EE) intel(0): No kernel modesetting driver detected.

in your output, no amount of playing with xorg.conf will fix your problem.  You need to go into the kernel configuration and enable the correct things, including kernel modesetting.  Also be sure you have the correct DRM driver selected for your chipset.