dga support

courten at web.de courten at web.de
Thu Oct 21 13:05:00 PDT 2010

Hi,

could you post your logfile Xorg.0.log

and the output of
dmesg | grep saa

as well of lspci --vv

for the sake of clarity ;-)
---------------------
Von: "Francisco Javier Cabello Torres" <fjcabello at visual-tools.com>
Gesendet: 21.10.2010 18:29:45
An: xorg at lists.freedesktop.org
Betreff: dga support

Dear All,

I have a debian based linux. I have updated Xorg to 1.7.7 version and since that I am not able to use a saa7134 video capture device.
There seems to be a problem with DGA support because I am able to grab video from the device but I can't get the framebuffer address
 to display Overlay video. XF86DGAGetVideoLL method return a void pointer for Framebuffer.

I have tested with Ubuntu 10.04 and there is no DGA support.

I really need to display video using Overlay. Until now I have been using DRA to obtain frame buffer address. Given this address saa7134
 driver is able to send the video directly to VGA screen. Is this capability still available using Intel glx driver and Xorg?

Thanks in advance,

Paco