dga support

Francisco Javier Cabello Torres fjcabello at visual-tools.com
Thu Oct 21 09:29:45 PDT 2010

Dear All,

I have a debian based linux. I have updated Xorg to 1.7.7 version and since
that I am not able to use a saa7134 video capture device.
There seems to be a problem with DGA support because I am able to grab video
from the device but I can't get the framebuffer address
to display Overlay video. XF86DGAGetVideoLL method return a void pointer for
Framebuffer.

I have tested with Ubuntu 10.04 and there is no DGA support.

I really need to display video using Overlay. Until now I have been using
DRA to obtain frame buffer address. Given this address saa7134
driver is able to send the video directly to VGA screen. Is this capability
still available using Intel glx driver and Xorg?

Thanks in advance,

Paco