Mouse issue

John Ettedgui john.ettedgui at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 11:57:48 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I have had a small issue for some time with my mouse and need some help :)

Basically sometimes, something bad happens (what?) and then the mouse
keeps the focus on one application.
For example if I am in Firefox and the mouse works there, I cannot
click on anything in the task bar, or even if I alt-tab to konsole the
mouse will not work there. If I right click in the console, it will
behave the same way as if I was right clicking in Firefox.
One "temp fix" is to right click in the application, then right click
in the systray on the same application then I can click on another
application and so on...
This issue is usually fixed by reinstall Xorg's evdev and then restarting Xorg.

I am using latest release of Xorg and evdev.
Not sure where to look...

Thanks,
John