single mouse click interpreted as a double click (again)

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 12:48:49 PDT 2010

Hi,

Since a recent update of F13 (which may have caused it), I'm having
monumental problems with the mouse: pretty much every click is
interpreted as multiple clicks.

I tried running xev to see what's being received by the X server and
anything but the fastest of clicks will generate many:
$ xev | grep Button
ButtonPress event, serial 35, synthetic NO, window 0x6200001,
ButtonRelease event, serial 35, synthetic NO, window 0x6200001,
ButtonPress event, serial 35, synthetic NO, window 0x6200001,

And if I move the mouse around whilst holding it down it is even worse
and generates dozens of clicks!

I found some previous references to this problem, but no solution has
worked for me:
Suggested:
Option "AutoAddDevices" "off"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/196711