[ANNOUNCE] libXcm-0.2.6

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Thu Jun 17 08:51:31 PDT 2010

On Thursday 17 June 2010 01:42:12 am Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 17.06.10, 09:45 +0200 schrieb Klaus Dittrich:
> > Am 06/17/10 06:40, schrieb Kai-Uwe Behrmann:
> >> This is the first release of libXcm a colour management library for the
> >> X Window System. The library communicates X colour regions between
> >> server and clients, which is described in the included net-color spec.
> >>
> >> git: git://www.oyranos.org/git/xcolor
> >> git-tag: libXcm-0.2.6
> >> Download:
> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/oyranos/files/libXcm/libXcm-0.2.x/libXcm
> >>-0.2.6.tar.gz/download
> >
> > To get this lib using wget this url is required
> > "http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/oyranos/libXcm/libXcm-0.2.x/lib
> >Xcm.0.2.x.tar.gz"
> >
> > If one specifies a --libdir, /usr/X11/lib for example, no pkgconfig entry
> > gets installed.
>
> Instead
> --libdir=/opt/local
> works fine. Thats used by rpm and I think deb as well.
>
> > Not specifying a libdir it gets installed in /usr/X11/lib64/pkgconfig.
> > On a 64 Bit only system no /usr/X11/lib64/ exists.
>
> Oops, I was tould that "lib64" is a default for x86_64.

On most multi-lib x86_64 systems these do end up in /usr/lib64 but the system
will have a sym link from /usr/lib to /usr/lib64 and on multi-lib systems
there will be a /usr/lib32 directory for the 32 bit stuff.  That way the 64 bit
stuff on both multi-lib and non-multi lib machines will look the same to the
build system (IE. this logically ends up in /usr/lib).