configuring a 3 button mouse.

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Jun 7 12:21:56 PDT 2010

I recently upgraded my Mandriva install and now it appears that my 3
button mouse is emulating a 2 button mouse as cut/paste only works when
I select buttons 1 and 3, but not with button 2.

The middle button is a wheel and scrolling does work with it, which
leads to more confusion.

This has always 'just worked' so it's been a while since I tried to
configure this.  my xorg.conf looks right (to me):

Section "InputDevice"
     Identifier "Mouse1"
     Driver "mouse"
     Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"