devices support site?

Aljoša Mohorović aljosa.mohorovic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 15:22:48 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Bridgman, John <John.Bridgman at amd.com> wrote:
> Have you looked at the RadeonFeature page ? That might give you the info you are looking for, if we augmented it with some mapping between marketing names (eg HD2xxx) and GPU core names (eg r600), although it is only for a single driver stack.
>
> There is also a NouveauFeature page, which IIRC was the inspiration for RadeonFeature.
> Look at www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature etc...

i'm currently using ati and intel drivers, track couple of related
mailing lists and other content so my post is not actually about my
problems.
most xorg (and related software) users don't need to know gpu core
names but they do need to know what to buy when they go shopping for a
new graphics card.
i do believe that users would like "best buy" for open source drivers
suggestions and especially what not to buy. i also think it is fair
that graphics card and manufacturers get bad reputation for anything
but excellent support and cooperation with xorg community.

Aljosa