devices support site?

Bridgman, John John.Bridgman at amd.com
Mon Jul 19 13:53:41 PDT 2010

The challenge here is that everyone has different views of what constitutes good support. As an example, many people consider 3d a must-have in order to support Compiz / KWin effects, while historically relatively few have considered operation in a VM to be important (I realize that is changing).

There is also the "it works great on everybody's system except Fred's, where it crashes all the time" problem, which is really hard to summarize in a useful way.

Have you looked at the RadeonFeature page ? That might give you the info you are looking for, if we augmented it with some mapping between marketing names (eg HD2xxx) and GPU core names (eg r600), although it is only for a single driver stack.

There is also a NouveauFeature page, which IIRC was the inspiration for RadeonFeature.

Look at www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature etc...

I guess we could add some kind of top page that gave a very high level summary and mapped onto per-driver pages for more specifics.