X Server Cursor Option

Chris Healy cphealy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:29:56 PDT 2010

Simon,

Sorry about that.  I completely overlooked your first comment regarding
emailing the Xorg mailing list.

I'll take a look at the Xfixes Hidecursor code.

I'm hoping I can do something that is global within X for all my windows.

Other people have recommended using "unclutter" but that has a number of
undesirable attributes, such as when a button is depressed, the cursor is
visible and depending on how fast you want it to remove the cursor after
inactivity, it starts to each more and more CPU cycles polling.

Regards,

Chris