Intel, xrandr and performance.

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 18 02:08:30 PST 2010

Am Sonntag, den 10.01.2010, 20:03 +0100 schrieb Łukasz Maśko:
> My laptop has an Intel 945GM graphics chip. Right now I'm using Intel driver
> 2.9.1. It works pretty well, but...
>
> If I turn on my secondary display with xrandr (it is an LCD screen connected
> via DVI, I'm setting it as a cloned display), graphics performs much slower.
> It concerns video and OpenGL (desktop effects inder KDE4). About a month
> ago, before I switched to KDE4, under KDE3 everything was working OK using
> the same hardware configuration.
>
> Is it just a general case, or I have something not correctly configured?

I have no clue. But does KDE 4 use more desktop effects? Reading your
message I would suggest that the KDE upgrade is at fault here. Or did
you also upgrade the Intel graphics driver?

Install a different DE or try with KDE 3 again to test the video and
OpenGL stuff.

Depending of your findings you should either contact the KDE guys or the
Intel [1] guys afterward and leave the corresponding URL in a reply to
this thread.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://intellinuxgraphics.org/