Xorg crashes...

Ryan Daly daly at ctc.com
Fri Jan 8 07:19:04 PST 2010

On 01/08/2010 10:11 AM, Tom Cowell wrote:
> I was responding to this remark from Peter Hutterer:
>
>>> uhm. SIGTERM is the termination signal. Something's shutting down your
>>> server.
>
> If SIGTERM is coming from another process, then the debugger won't
> provide any information about _which_ process. However, a recursive
> strace of startx (and all its children and grandchildren) _might_
> identify the source of the signal. Even if the X Server is killing
> itself with SIGTERM, that would be worth knowing.
>
> However, if it stays up for days before crashing, strace might
> generate an unacceptable amount of output.

I gotcha...  I'll try that and post any relevant information.

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392